We strive to make everyone feel comfortable in the SunRay SPA-complex, therefore all our guests are kindly requested to read our Spa Etiquette:
- We offer you a bathrobe, slippers, towels, mini beauty products, as well as disposable linen for body treatments. Hotel guests are recommended to lock their valuables in the room safe.
- Ringing sound of a mobile phone and loud conversations can negatively affect your overall mood and your relaxation. Before the procedures, we ask you to turn off your mobile phone.
- Feel comfortable when taking your clothes off for body treatments. The SPA Specialist will cover you leaving exposed only the part of your body that is being worked on. Undressing completely, to a bikini, is required only during peeling and wrap procedures.
- Attending swimming pool, jacuzzi and saunas requires a bathing suit. If you don’t have a bathing suit, you can purchase it from the SPA administrator.
- We recommend to take a shower before water and body treatments.
- We advise men to shave two hours prior to having a facial, and women are recommended to do depilation the day before SPA treatments.
- We want nothing to distract you during the visit. Strong smelling perfumes can prevent you from enjoying your relaxation to the fullest extent.
- Conversations during SPA treatments also prevent from complete relaxation. We sincerely recommend that you enjoy such silence that allows you to hear yourself.
- During the procedure, you can either have a conversation with your SPA Specialist or enjoy the silence – the choice is yours.
- Do not hesitate to ask about the products used during the procedure, about their composition, manufacturer, expected effect. Remember that your Specialist, just like you, is interested in obtaining the maximum effect from the procedure, as well as in your getting pleasure and relaxation.
- We care about your health: we do not have a smoking area.
- Please refrain from drinking alcohol before and during the procedure.
- To prolong the effect of the treatments, you can purchase home care products from the SPA administrator.
- All payments are made at the end of the visit and only at the Administrator.
Cancellation of a visit
If for some reason you have to cancel your visit, we kindly ask you to do it as soon as possible. We ask you to be understanding and notify us of the cancellation of procedures at least 24 hours in advance.
In case of delay
We kindly ask you to come to the center 15 minutes before the start of the procedure, so that you can change into specially prepared for you soft bathrobe and slippers without haste, and set yourself up for relaxation and recovery.
Remember that coming late for your procedure, you will shorten your rest time.
RUSSIAN STEAM BATH
(temperature – 70-90oС, humidity — 30%)
Steam Room Rules
- An essential Steam Room Rule: do not go to the steam room after having a heavy meal or on an empty stomach.
- You must not use the bathhouse if you are sick or very tired, since it places a considerable strain on your heart.
- Beginners should gradually accustom themselves to the heat.
- Your visit to the steam room should last 35 minutes in total (regardless of the amount of sessions) for complete organism recovery.
- Before entering the steam room, take a shower at t 35-38Сº within 2-4 minutes, without soap.
- It is necessary to put on a special steam bath hat on the head (in order not to overheat).
- First heating – 5-7 minutes, it is better to lie down so that the steam effect evenly. Do not get up hastily.
- During the second session and subsequent ones, the time for getting some steam can be increased to 10-15 minutes.
- Between entering the steam room, it is recommended to rest at least 10 minutes, best of all – being wrapped in a sheet. It’s recommended to drink warm drinks to facilitate sweating.
- In order to strengthen your blood vessels, it’s recommended to have cold-water treatments, a contrast shower, cryomassage etc. after the second session in the steam room
- After the second or third session in a steam room, it is recommended to take a steam bath with a broom.
- Then, after leaving the steam room, it’s very useful to have massage or scrubbing in 5-10 minutes.
- After the massage, take a warm shower (within 1-2 minutes), then take a gentle steam bath and clean the skin with natural soap.
- You must constantly control your general state in the steam room.
Your can control your state according to the heartbeat. If the heart rate is 60-80 beats per minute before your visit to the steam room, then 8-10 minutes after the first session in the steam room it can increase to 110-120 beats per minute, 10-12 minutes after the second session the heart rate can be 120-140 beats per minute. After resting, the heart rate can be up to 80 beats per minute.
HAMMAM (Turkish bath)
(temperature – 35-5oС, humidity ≈ 100%)
Steam Room Rules
- In order to prepare your skin, take a shower at room temperature before entering the steam room.
- Drink warm herbal tea as it facilitates sweating.
- Lying is considered preferable rather than sitting in the steam room, and the legs should preferably be above the head. You can lean your legs against the wall.
- Rub your body with a hard sponge or special glove, as it this stimulates blood circulation and makes the procedure more effective.
- During your visit to hammam, when you start feeling a pulse in your temple caused by heat, you are strongly advised to take a refreshing shower. After that, you can return to the steam room.
Indications and contraindications
Hammam is not recommended for people with skin inflammation, cataract, patients after a stroke, with thyroid disorders, varicose veins.
The Turkish bath is considered to be an excellent way to improve the skin condition. In addition, it relieves fatigue, normalizes the functioning of the digestive system and lungs, helps protect against colds, rheumatism, depression, prevents heart diseases, and is indicated for people affected by musculoskeletal disorders.